• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Placing CC Library Assets into text frame

Community Beginner ,
Nov 27, 2020 Nov 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I think that this currently isn't in the functionality but do think it could be useful... 

Is there a way when pulling in an asset from the CC library to place it within a text frame? For instance i'm trying to anchor an object within a piece of text, the object i'm placing has object styles set up for placement with in the text. 

Currently I have to place the object onto the page, then copy and paste into the text box, I then have to go and clear the overrides as placing it onto the page causes that. So to get something into place takes three steps when it seems I should be able to key press + click it into place. Currently the alt + place causes the element to place where it would have been on the x + y coordinate where it originally came from. 

Hopefully that makes sense? 

TOPICS
Bug , Feature request , Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 27, 2020 Nov 27, 2020

Rather than a drag and drop, have you tried right-clicking the CC Library item and choosing Place copy while your insertion point is in some text?

Screen Shot 9.png

Screen Shot 10.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Nov 27, 2020 Nov 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rather than a drag and drop, have you tried right-clicking the CC Library item and choosing Place copy while your insertion point is in some text?

Screen Shot 9.png

Screen Shot 10.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 30, 2020 Nov 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This helps a lot, I searched a lot and never came across being able to right click and place! 

I do think there should be some way to replicate this on the drag and place function. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines