Highlighted

Placing Multi Page CC LIbrary PDF into InDesign

New Here ,
May 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know there's a script to place a multi page PDF into InDesign, but how do I place a multi page CC Libraries PDF into InDesign?

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Laubender | Adobe Community Professional

Hi Mr_Hollins01,

thank you for all this info. Very helpful!

Currently, like Steve, I see no way to place a multi page PDF out of CC Libraries page by page.

I even was very surprised that a PDF could be stored in CC Libraries.

If you want to support the feature request about opening CC Libraries for scripting access in InDesign, please vote here:

Access CC Library Assets via Script
GNDGN shared this idea · March 19, 2020
https://indesign.uservoice.com/forums/601021-adobe-indesign-feature-requests/suggestions/39973054-access-cc-library-assets-via-script

Thanks,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

TOPICS
How to, Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Placing Multi Page CC LIbrary PDF into InDesign

New Here ,
May 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know there's a script to place a multi page PDF into InDesign, but how do I place a multi page CC Libraries PDF into InDesign?

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Laubender | Adobe Community Professional

Hi Mr_Hollins01,

Currently, like Steve, I see no way to place a multi page PDF out of CC Libraries page by page.

If you want to support the feature request about opening CC Libraries for scripting access in InDesign, please vote here:

https://indesign.uservoice.com/forums/601021-adobe-indesign-feature-requests/suggestions/39973054-access-cc-library-assets-via-script

Thanks,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

TOPICS
How to, Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
May 10, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
May 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hm…

Can you explain how you stored a multi page PDF in a CC Libraries library?

Thanks,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 11, 2020 0
New Here ,
May 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just dragged a PDF from the Mac Finder in to the library palette in InDesign.

To put this in context, I'm trying to create a shared library of new business case studies that I and others can easily place into documents. At the moment this is a time-consuming process that involves packaged files being moved between our Melbourne and Sydney servers, and which is clearly ripe for streamlining.

A script like PlaceMultipagePDF that pulls in files from the CC Library is what I want to get out of this!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 11, 2020 0
May 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CC Libraries works independently of any Adobe application they are in. I have never heard of a scripting interface for CC Libraries, and seriously doubt that that is a high priority for the developers at this point.

Currently you should not count on using CC Libraries and should just store your multi-page PDF files locally so you can use the script.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 11, 2020 0
New Here ,
May 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply. Of course, I can access locally stored PDFs but since CC Libraries offer us a way of managing shared assets more effectively, I want to put that functionality to good use. 

Let's take scripting out of this. How do I place a Multi Page PDF into a document and get the option to place all or some of the pages from that PDF into the document? At the moment, I can only import the first page. It would be good to get a "Show Import Options" option when placing the PDF.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 11, 2020 0
May 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No problems here choosing Show Import Options for a multi-page PDF, and choosing what pages. Without a script, you'll have to manually choose where the PDF pages get placed, however, one-by-one.

Screen Shot 2020-05-11 at 9.40.32 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-05-11 at 9.41.16 PM.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 11, 2020 0
New Here ,
May 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That works when you Place images, but it doesn't work when you use the Place from CC Libraries menu item. That's the solution I am looking for in this thread. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 11, 2020 0
May 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mr_Hollins01,

https://indesign.uservoice.com/forums/601021-adobe-indesign-feature-requests/suggestions/39973054-ac...

Thanks,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 12, 2020 0