• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Placing multiple word documents into InDesign

New Here ,
Mar 06, 2020 Mar 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am creating a user manual in Indesign from 5 Word files. I have already placed the files into InDesign. When I get to the end of one of the original Word files in the Indesign file, there were several blank pages before the text for the next file began. I deleted the extra pages. However, now I am left with the first file ending in the middle of one page and the 2nd file begining at the top of the next page. I want to merge the text frames together so it is one continuous text frame. That way, if I add text in what was the first Word file, it won't orverwrite the 2nd file when it runs onto the next page. How do I merge the text frames from the 1st file and the 2nd file?

Thank you!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 06, 2020 Mar 06, 2020
Click the outport of the last frame in the first story and click inside the first frame of the next story.

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Never mind...I finally figured out threading. Thanks any way!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Click the outport of the last frame in the first story and click inside the first frame of the next story.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines