• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Please help with red X across page

Explorer ,
Nov 02, 2020 Nov 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sorry, this is probably going to be an obvious issue to everyone, but please help me.

I received a book layout for a designer and I have to do the composition. I'm a QuarkXpress expert but haven't had to use InDesign much now career-wise. What is this big red X across the pages? I'm used to seeing designers enclose their pages in black boxes to show the trim, but I can't select and delete this red X thing. Can I get rid of it? Thanks for any help.

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 02, 2020 Nov 02, 2020

It is an empty graphic frame, placed on a layer that is locked or on a master page, and also has a red color identity. In the layers panel, you can turn off the layer's visibilty to hide.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is an empty graphic frame, placed on a layer that is locked or on a master page, and also has a red color identity. In the layers panel, you can turn off the layer's visibilty to hide.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you, that's exactly what it was.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines