Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Plug-in causing issues with file exporting

New Here ,
Dec 08, 2020 Dec 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Images © Paul Rafferty, Churchill Heritage Ltd

I have a plug-in on my inDesign which I can't disable (it's a company thing from some people I work for - let's call them Company A). However, it seems to be creating problems for another company (let's call them Company B) I work for.
Basically, I work on magazine pages for Company B and have to do 'save as' to save the pages (if I do 'save', the plug-in tries to force me to save them into Company A's system which I don't want to do).
I then send them into Company B's server but they say they then have the following problem:
"When we make up the final PDFs to send to the printers, we have to create a folder that collates all the fonts and files that are being used for that Indesign document. So you are left with a folder that houses the final Indesign doc, the final PDFS and all the graphics and fonts that were used.
"It then means you can delete all the images that you didn't use. This means that the folder size may have started at 2GB but when it's packaged, it reduces down to 15 MB for example.
"So when the complete packaged issue is saved to the Archive server, it is taking up less memory space and also means that if someone needs to find an image from that article, they don't have to sift through loads of random folder containing loads of files to find what they are looking for. Your files won't let me do that so we end up with huge files with lots of unnecessary info in them."
Does anybody have any idea why this might be happening and how to fix it? Could I save the files differently, for instance? Many thanks and fingers crossed! Gill

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 08, 2020 Dec 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Please ignore copyright gubbins at top, didn't mean to paste that in lol!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines