Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PLUG IN FOR LIGHTENING IMAGES DIRECTLY IN INDESIGN

New Here ,
Oct 15, 2020 Oct 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everybody

someone knows a plug in to lighten a lot of 3d colour images directly in indesign?

Thanks

MILK

TOPICS
Print

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 15, 2020 Oct 15, 2020

It depends on what you mean by lighten.

You can use a transparency effect to make a Photoshop Levels like correction. Here I have my document Transparency Blend Space set to RGB, the image’s Blend Mode is set to Hard Light, and its container frame’s fill is set to a neutral RGB gray (128|128|128). If I increase the gray values the image lightens—decreasing darkens. Overlay also works if you want less saturation:

Screen Shot 4.pngScreen Shot 5.pngScreen Shot 6.png

Overlay:

Screen Shot 7.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know of any - InDesign only produces a proxy image that is not hi-resolution for display for position only. 

Editing in Photoshop is more accurate - but even that is not accurate enough for printing presses as you it would require to have a monitor calibrated to the press.

I appreciate you need to edit the image directly in InDesgin, but onscreen with different PDF readers it will look different. And on different printing presses it will look different to what is on your screen.

It's best to do your edits in Photoshop where you can have full control over colour mode/output levels etc. 

I'll keep looking, but I don't know of any.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It depends on what you mean by lighten.

You can use a transparency effect to make a Photoshop Levels like correction. Here I have my document Transparency Blend Space set to RGB, the image’s Blend Mode is set to Hard Light, and its container frame’s fill is set to a neutral RGB gray (128|128|128). If I increase the gray values the image lightens—decreasing darkens. Overlay also works if you want less saturation:

Screen Shot 4.pngScreen Shot 5.pngScreen Shot 6.png

Overlay:

Screen Shot 7.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Here’s the original with no effect applied (top left), InDesign RGB Overlay applied to the image (bottom left), and a simple Levels applied to the original in Photoshop (right):

Screen Shot 9.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines