Highlighted

plug in problem

New Here ,
Mar 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi I have all adobe for a few monthe but just now I dounloaded indesign but cant open a file pdf to work i tried other pdf and all of them cant be open for the same reason:

a plugin that supports the file format may be missing.

how can i make this work?

thanks in advanced

Most Valuable Participant
Correct answer by Test Screen Name | Most Valuable Participant

If you only want to reuse the graphic content you can place the PDF in InDesign, or just open it in Photoshop. Photoshop may be best. Adjust resolution on open options until you have what you need.

It is editing text which is outside any normal work.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

plug in problem

New Here ,
Mar 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi I have all adobe for a few monthe but just now I dounloaded indesign but cant open a file pdf to work i tried other pdf and all of them cant be open for the same reason:

a plugin that supports the file format may be missing.

how can i make this work?

thanks in advanced

Most Valuable Participant
Correct answer by Test Screen Name | Most Valuable Participant

If you only want to reuse the graphic content you can place the PDF in InDesign, or just open it in Photoshop. Photoshop may be best. Adjust resolution on open options until you have what you need.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Most Valuable Participant ,
Mar 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You cannot open a PDF in InDesign...you can place it.

There are third party applications that will allow it.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

can you give me more details? what is the third party applications

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks but i dont understand why i need to pay more for this, if i buy all adobe i shuld be able to work on this?

without any adding to the cost i only need to work on catalog that is already finished, this could be only one project for me with this client. please explain what i am missing (sorry for my bad english)

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, you should not expect to do this. PDFs are the final product. InDesign can make them, but the original MUST be kept for editing. Your project is very special and you must be ready to bill for the very unusual work.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks, so if i understand correct if she send me for edit i will not have a problem? i only want to use the pic from the catalog and background for the site that i am working on.

sorry for all this questions 🙂

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks for your help, good night

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines