Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Plugin Creation in InDesign

Explorer ,
May 09, 2020 May 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Everyone,

I'm new to this community I have tried in creating a new plugin using the sample SDK called (BasicPanel). I have included the interfaces and action ID which is required for creating the new plugin at the same time I have added some code in C++ using the reference book (programming guide volume 1). But I have some doubt after adding the code and some doubts are how to get the values in Alert box and how to add the values inside the text box which is displayed in the Alert box. Please clarify the doubt and I'll wait for the valuable response for my queries.

Regards,

Nithu S

Nithu
TOPICS
How to , SDK

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 10, 2020 May 10, 2020

Hi Nithu,

Alertbox is simply a box that can display string values. Showing it is just a single line of code like

CAlert::InformationAlert("This is my message")

You can't add any other UI element like textbox inside an alert.

If however you are talking about a dialog or a panel, these can host different UI elements. The basic structure is to create UI by defining it in the fr file, the fr file also associates these UI elements to their counterpart cpp files that define the behaviour for the

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
May 10, 2020 May 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nithu,

Alertbox is simply a box that can display string values. Showing it is just a single line of code like

CAlert::InformationAlert("This is my message")

You can't add any other UI element like textbox inside an alert.

If however you are talking about a dialog or a panel, these can host different UI elements. The basic structure is to create UI by defining it in the fr file, the fr file also associates these UI elements to their counterpart cpp files that define the behaviour for them like controllers, observers, responders etc. It would be helpful if you read the programming guide and study the sample code for BasicDialog and BasicPanel, start from the fr file and resolve the connections on how different pieces of code integrate with each other

-Manan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 11, 2020 May 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Manan,

I'm referring the programming guides based on your suggestion and I have an doubt in Boss class what is the use of base class in the code.

Nithu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Refer the documentation shipped with sdk for a detailed descrption on boss class. Look at docs/html folder open any html file and in the left hand tree structure go into Getting started and read the section "Using boss classes in plugins". See screenshot below

Screenshot 2020-05-11 at 2.15.59 PM.png

-Manan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Manan,

thanks for your guide.

Nithu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines