• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PNGs Files not Displaying Correctly in InDesign CS6

New Here ,
Apr 17, 2020 Apr 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can someone tell me why PNGs I place in InDesign CS6 look washed out?

This only happens with my copy of CS6 here at home.  At the office, I use the latest version of InDesign and PNGs import fine.

The color settings are identical between the two.

I've had to resort manually adjusting the contrast of each image in Photoshop before importing, or exporting my CAD renderings as JPGs (which, oddly, import fine).

Where do I look next? 

Thanks for any and all help!

TOPICS
Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you embedding the colour profile into your JPEGs when you create them?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using InDesign to create a presentation for CAD work.  I export renderings in PNG format from my CAD platform (formZ in this case).  There are no color profile setting options for the PNG export function...

The weird thing is, if I take a raw PNG rendering, convert it to JPG in Photoshop and then place it in InDesign, the color is fine.  It's only when placing the PNG directly in InDesign and only on CS6.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How it looks in InDesign is irrelevant. It's how it exports is important (or prints).

Changing how it looks and changing the contrast because it looks poor in InDeisgn but it looks ok in other applications... that's a wrong workflow.

As now it will look wrong in the other applications, such as yours in work.

How does it export? Does it export ok? 

Its more than likely that CS6 support for PNGs weren't that advanced - it could simply be that it's an 8-bit PNG file and not a 24-bit PNG - so I'd try saving it that way first. 

And I'd also just try resaving the JPEGs and updating it.

Rather than messing with the colours and changing them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 18, 2020 Apr 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Look in Edit > Transparency Blend Space. Is it set to Document CMYK or Document RGB? If the former try changing it to Document RGB.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines