• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Potentially good news for Windows 10 users

Community Expert ,
Jul 11, 2018 Jul 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One of the weakest aspects of Fixed Layout EPUB is the lack of quality reader apps. I wrote about it a while back: https://www.boblevine.us/the-fixed-layout-epub-missing-piece-reliable-readers-for-windows-and-androi...

Well, I'm happy to say that I've just downloaded the latest latest Windows Insider build of Windows 10 and Microsoft Edge does a fabulous job with a very intricate Fixed Layout EPUB. All fonts, images, animations, video and audio are working wonderfully.

I expect this to be released in September or October.

TOPICS
EPUB

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 09, 2020 Jul 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This still causes issues today. The release worked great for a while and then seemed to just simply stop... If you have anything more modern now it would be great to share

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Jul 09, 2020 Jul 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thorium Reader. Works great with fixed layout interactive ebooks. It plays the animations, state objects, sounds, and so on. Finally some light at the end of the tunnel!

https://www.edrlab.org/software/thorium-reader/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines