• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Preflight panel Overset text not identifying page number

Explorer ,
Nov 25, 2020 Nov 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For a couple different files, I got an error message in the Preflight panel, indicating the presence of Overset text, but NO page number.  In both files, it said it was an issue with footnotes, but not where.  One of the suggested fixes is to allow Split Footnotes, but that option is already checked.

julietw99713499_0-1606320681951.png

After a lot of sleuthing, we eventually found the error.  In one of the two files there were multiple errors in multiple locations. The entire footnote had vanished.  The footnote reference was still there, but all of the text of the note had disappeared.

julietw99713499_2-1606321000183.png

As you can see, I had previously lengthened the page to make room for the footnote text at the bottom of the page. But then the program decided, nope, not enough room for that after all, and made the entire footnote disappear.

When I lengthened the page by 0p1, Poof! the footnote text magically reappeared. If I shortened it by that 0p1 again, the footnote text stayed in place.

1. Why does it suddenly decide the page is too short, when it was not too short before or after that time?

2. Why has the Preflight panel gotten less smart than it used to be and can no longer identify the location of the error?

I upgraded to version 16.0 and got the same results.

Windows PC, 64-bit, shown here is 15.1.2, but as noted, after I upgraded to version 16.0, the Preflight panel didn't get any smarter.

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 29, 2020 Nov 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Julie,

I looked into your document.

The cause of the overset in your footnote text is that very large URL that will not break.

You could use an URL shortener for this. Or you could change paragraph justification Last Line Align Left to Align Left in this case.

To access the footnote text set the point size of paragraph style FN temporarily to about 6.5 Pt.

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines