• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Preflight profile

Contributor ,
Nov 25, 2020 Nov 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a way of making my customised preflight profile the default so that it is applied to every new job I create? I managed to do it in CS6 but can't find a way of doing it in CC2020.

Thanks!

TOPICS
How to , Print

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 25, 2020 Nov 25, 2020

Hi Dan,

could you tell exactly what you did with InDesign CS6 and you cannot do with InDesign 2020 anymore?

As long as you do not trash your preferences and caches a selected working preflight profile should stay active if you rstart InDesign.

When no document is open go to the Preflight panel > Preflight Options and define your custom profile as the working profile. From my German InDesign 2020 on Windows 10:

WorkingProfile-CustomProfile.PNG

If you hit OK the custom profile's name will be visible as the active profile eve

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Nov 25, 2020 Nov 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Dan,

could you tell exactly what you did with InDesign CS6 and you cannot do with InDesign 2020 anymore?

As long as you do not trash your preferences and caches a selected working preflight profile should stay active if you rstart InDesign.

When no document is open go to the Preflight panel > Preflight Options and define your custom profile as the working profile. From my German InDesign 2020 on Windows 10:

WorkingProfile-CustomProfile.PNG

If you hit OK the custom profile's name will be visible as the active profile even if there is no document open.

The name is grayed out, but it will be active if you do a new document:

WorkingProfile-CustomProfileShowing.PNG

What's your version of operating system?

Just tested all this OK, also after a restart of InDesign 2020, on my German Windows 10 machine.

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines