Highlighted

Preserving hyperlinks in imported PDF

New Here ,
Oct 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am creating a digital magazine in InDesign. Advertisers are submitting ads as PDFs with hyperlinks embedded in the PDF.  When I export as an Interactive PDF, those hyperlinks don't work. Is there any way to preserve the hyperlinks without rebuilding them all into the InDesign document? TIA!

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Steve Werner | Adobe Community Professional

When you place a PDF file into InDesign is is no longer "live". It is flat artwork. Hence, the hyperlinks will not work and would have to be recreated.

TOPICS
Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Preserving hyperlinks in imported PDF

New Here ,
Oct 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am creating a digital magazine in InDesign. Advertisers are submitting ads as PDFs with hyperlinks embedded in the PDF.  When I export as an Interactive PDF, those hyperlinks don't work. Is there any way to preserve the hyperlinks without rebuilding them all into the InDesign document? TIA!

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Steve Werner | Adobe Community Professional

When you place a PDF file into InDesign is is no longer "live". It is flat artwork. Hence, the hyperlinks will not work and would have to be recreated.

TOPICS
Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 09, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 09, 2020 1
New Here ,
Oct 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your help, Steve.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 09, 2020 0