• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Preview bugs in the Indesign software interface

Community Beginner ,
Nov 18, 2020 Nov 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I have some errors / bugs in the interface of Indesign itself, which did not appear before: 

blocks of lighter gray colors in some areas of windows such as "pages", "swatch", "color".

I have the latest version, and it is a problem that has happened to me for a long time and I do not know how to solve it. Any idea how to fix it? I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling and can't figure it out.

Attached some screenshots.

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 3 Correct answers

Community Expert , Nov 18, 2020 Nov 18, 2020

That is odd. Is it impacting how InDesign functions, or is it just a visual distraction? You can try rebuilding preferences, which is different from an uninstall/reinstall.

https://www.rockymountaintraining.com/adobe-indesign-resetting-preferences-and-deleting-the-cache/

~Barb 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Inteface problems are usually related to Cache files. You can rebuild the Caches by deleting the Caches folder.

On OSX the path to the Caches folder is:

/user/Library/Caches/Adobe InDesign/Version X

On Windows it should be:

[username]\AppData\Local\Adobe\InDesign\Version [version]\[language]\Caches\InDesign SavedData 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Hi @Theo0D4D :

I address how to access the hidden files and folders and how to rebuild the cache in the link I posted for you earlier. Check out the Note 1 subhead for both the Mac and Windows instructions to access the hidden files. Be sure to work through the whole thing.

Again, for your convenience:

https://www.rockymountaintraining.com/adobe-indesign-rebuilding-preferences-cache/

~Barb 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is odd. Is it impacting how InDesign functions, or is it just a visual distraction? You can try rebuilding preferences, which is different from an uninstall/reinstall.

https://www.rockymountaintraining.com/adobe-indesign-resetting-preferences-and-deleting-the-cache/

~Barb 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your quick response. 

No, it doesn't impact the Indesign functions, it's just a visual distraction, but it makes me nervous 😄 

It's a problem that I already had in previous versions. 

When I installed the new version, everything worked very well, and I think that when I opened some files from previous versions, the problem appeared again. 

I'm going to try the solution you sent me and I will tell you.

The problem happens to me on my 2019 iMac and my 2013 Mac Notebook Pro, both with iOS Catalina versions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Inteface problems are usually related to Cache files. You can rebuild the Caches by deleting the Caches folder.

On OSX the path to the Caches folder is:

/user/Library/Caches/Adobe InDesign/Version X

On Windows it should be:

[username]\AppData\Local\Adobe\InDesign\Version [version]\[language]\Caches\InDesign SavedData 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't find the Caches folder with the path you specified.
How do I find it? Is it a hidden folder?

The problem continues to persist after the resetting of preferences.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Theo0D4D :

I address how to access the hidden files and folders and how to rebuild the cache in the link I posted for you earlier. Check out the Note 1 subhead for both the Mac and Windows instructions to access the hidden files. Be sure to work through the whole thing.

Again, for your convenience:

https://www.rockymountaintraining.com/adobe-indesign-rebuilding-preferences-cache/

~Barb 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 19, 2020 Nov 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks I can resolved the problem!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 19, 2020 Nov 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

FWIW: With Windows 10 the AppData folder is also hidden by default.

AppData can be made visible in the file explorer like that:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/view-hidden-files-and-folders-in-windows-10-97fbc472-c60...

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines