• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Preview Issues with images even in High Quality

Community Beginner ,
Sep 29, 2020 Sep 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have changed the preview to High Quality in all the places you are able to change that setting. When I first look at a page, it looks like the first image. Very clear. As soon as I scroll down slightly or start to adjust the image, it will go really poor quality like in the second image. I closed IND and reopened it, and the image looked ok again, until I changed my workspace from Essentials to Typography. It seems any little change sends the file into an unworkable mess.

Ind version: CC 15.1.2 (although had this same issue on CS6)

VC: NVIDIA Quadro P1000

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Enthusiast , Sep 29, 2020 Sep 29, 2020

What file format are the images? Does the same thing happen if you place them in another file?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What file format are the images? Does the same thing happen if you place them in another file?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

While changing out of Bitmap mode seems to have helped the display previews, I was told the final files do still need submitted in bitmap and there shouldn't be an issue with them in Indesign. It's just the preview that is messed up, as exporting to a pdf returns expected quality. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. The original files were in Tiff format, but bitmap mode. I did a batch process to change the mode from bitmap to grayscale, and suddenly I can work in ID. I'll have to go back and replace the color pages inside ID, but there are only a few so that is a small issue. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 30, 2020 Sep 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Keep in mind that all linked images preview with a lower quality JPEG proxy. High res Black and White line art is more challenging to anti-alias for display because of the display’s low resolution relative to the high contrast line detail—zooming in should improve the display.

The preview proxy has no affect on the output, the only thing that matters for output is the Effective Resolution of the Black and White bitmap listed in the Links panel, which should be 1000ppi or higher when there are no gray values that need to be halftoned.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines