Highlighted

Primary text frame

Explorer ,
Jul 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, haven't used ID for a long while, the "overflowing" unending errors were something.

In returning to it briefly, randomly discovered that the "primary text frame" could be clicked when creating new doc., so, if it's not, what is process to enable it? Everything I've tried according to steps online hasn't worked.

Is there a bug here? CS6

I see this has been well covered in the past. It seems updating everything via the step of applying the Master to the first page (only single page at current moment) fixed it - now I recall that ID doesn't update in realtime, and requires this manual step.

Now resolved.

I suppose no one at Adobe thought it intuitive/convenient to simply add on a menu somewhere the ability to Enable the Primary text frame option, if one did not click it at the time of creating a new document, to save all of the 50-100 mousing around clicks to resolve, the long way.

TOPICS
How to, Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Primary text frame

Explorer ,
Jul 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, haven't used ID for a long while, the "overflowing" unending errors were something.

In returning to it briefly, randomly discovered that the "primary text frame" could be clicked when creating new doc., so, if it's not, what is process to enable it? Everything I've tried according to steps online hasn't worked.

Is there a bug here? CS6

I see this has been well covered in the past. It seems updating everything via the step of applying the Master to the first page (only single page at current moment) fixed it - now I recall that ID doesn't update in realtime, and requires this manual step.

Now resolved.

I suppose no one at Adobe thought it intuitive/convenient to simply add on a menu somewhere the ability to Enable the Primary text frame option, if one did not click it at the time of creating a new document, to save all of the 50-100 mousing around clicks to resolve, the long way.

TOPICS
How to, Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jul 20, 2020 0
Explorer ,
Jul 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now resolved.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 20, 2020 0