• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Print Alignment Anomaly Troubleshooting Request

Explorer ,
Jan 04, 2021 Jan 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Everything in my document is aligned correctly, but when I print it it is misaligned (see attachments), and I have no clue as to why. Anyone have any ideas where to start?

TOPICS
Print

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 05, 2021 Jan 05, 2021

If youre printing on actual 6" x 8" paper, you should set a Custom page size in your Print dialog. Also, make sure your orientationj is correct. in your screen shots, you're 90° off.

Screen Shot 2021-01-05 at 8.07.56 AM.png

As for making a PDF, that should never be done from the Print Dialog in ID. Export it from the File > Adobe PDF Presets menu. For your purpose, try either Press Quality or High Quality. No need to change any of the options when you Export.

Screen Shot 2021-01-05 at 8.03.57 AM.png

But since you have a special paper size, you will need to configure Acrobat ac

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I'm understanding the issue, in the Print dialog window, look in the "Setup" section and for Page Position, choose Centered.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Jeff, but that doesn't seem to be the problem. Centered was already selected.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you printing from ID directly? or from a PDF?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Directly from ID.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sound slike a mismatch somehwhere with your Printer Driver. In the Print > Setup > Paper Size, what do you have there?

If you have "Defined By Driver" check Page Setup at bottom left to make sure there's not some weird page size selected in there.

In any case, what I recommend now is create a Print Quality PDF and use Acrobat to print your file instead of doing it from ID (making sure you again have the right page size slected and "Actual Size" checked) and see if there's an improvement.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1) Screen Shot 2021-01-04 at 4.47.25 PM.png2) Screen Shot 2021-01-04 at 5.26.12 PM.png3) Screen Shot 2021-01-04 at 5.27.20 PM.png4) Screen Shot 2021-01-04 at 5.29.01 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried saving as a PDF, per your suggestion, RM, but I got rejeccted: 1) Screen Shot 2021-01-04 at 5.30.40 PM.png2) Screen Shot 2021-01-04 at 5.30.54 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is the paper size specified in ID print window, the same size as paper in printer?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, yes and no. I've specified A5, but the actual paper size is 6" x 8". I assume that that is close enough. True?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 05, 2021 Jan 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If youre printing on actual 6" x 8" paper, you should set a Custom page size in your Print dialog. Also, make sure your orientationj is correct. in your screen shots, you're 90° off.

Screen Shot 2021-01-05 at 8.07.56 AM.png

As for making a PDF, that should never be done from the Print Dialog in ID. Export it from the File > Adobe PDF Presets menu. For your purpose, try either Press Quality or High Quality. No need to change any of the options when you Export.

Screen Shot 2021-01-05 at 8.03.57 AM.png

But since you have a special paper size, you will need to configure Acrobat accordingly. (Page setup > Paper size > Manage Custom Sizes....)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines