Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Print booklet creating the wrong size .ps file

New Here ,
Aug 15, 2017 Aug 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I created an 16 page 8.5 x 11" document with full bleeds and crops. I want to print on 12 x 18 paper so that I can later cut down to the final size

Using Print booklet is creating the following issue (screenshots attached)

Screen Shot 2017-08-15 at 12.37.12 PM.png

Screen Shot 2017-08-15 at 12.37.27 PM.pngScreen Shot 2017-08-15 at 12.37.47 PM.png

And here is where the issue shows up when I open the PS file in acrobat:

Screen Shot 2017-08-15 at 12.52.39 PM.png

It is not 12x18 it is an 8.5 x 11 document that is for some reason cropped to the lower right. Could someone please help me out?

Thanks in advance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try printing from a PDF selecting High Quality Print from the presets.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 03, 2021 May 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What do you mean? The OP is asking about collated PDF, your solution only works for individual pages, not if you need COLLATED PAGES.,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Print Booklet to a .ps file works best with the Adobe PDF 9.0 PPD where you can spec any custom width and height. Third party printer PPDs often don't work. My link has a link to download the PPD.

Screen Shot 2017-08-15 at 2.11.52 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's important to use the right PPD. If you are sending it direct to the Xerox C70 that's the right PPD. But you aren't. Your "device" is Distiller, so use the Distiller PPD. There may be other issues, but it's entirely possible that the Xerox PPD sets page size in a way that is private to Xerox and Distiller doesn't see.

It doesn't matter a bean if you're making a PDF for later printing to the C70; the immediate device would be Distiller and no other device dependent stuff (except possibly halftone info) can survive distilling.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Oct 25, 2023 Oct 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

in ppd  pop up menu there is no adobe pdf 9.0 , i am on mac

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 25, 2023 Oct 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I redommend to avoid the function Print booklet. t is a crap and it uses also PostScript. It was never useful and as a designer, why do you really need it? The printer should do the imposing and not the designer. If you really need it on a regular basis, invest in a plugin for Acrobat and do it there,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Nov 02, 2023 Nov 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes i am happy to learn new things thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 26, 2023 Oct 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have to download and install the PPD yourself

https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/kb/save-as-pdf-options-not.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks found it in the menu but its not showing in indesign 2021 , its showing in indesign 2020 version , amazing....in print booklet menu

anyway thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Can you show a capture of your CC2021 Presets folder contents—like this:

Screen Shot 15.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines