Print booklet creating the wrong size .ps file

New Here ,
Aug 15, 2017 Aug 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I created an 16 page 8.5 x 11" document with full bleeds and crops. I want to print on 12 x 18 paper so that I can later cut down to the final size

Using Print booklet is creating the following issue (screenshots attached)

Screen Shot 2017-08-15 at 12.37.12 PM.png

Screen Shot 2017-08-15 at 12.37.27 PM.pngScreen Shot 2017-08-15 at 12.37.47 PM.png

And here is where the issue shows up when I open the PS file in acrobat:

Screen Shot 2017-08-15 at 12.52.39 PM.png

It is not 12x18 it is an 8.5 x 11 document that is for some reason cropped to the lower right. Could someone please help me out?

Thanks in advance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try printing from a PDF selecting High Quality Print from the presets.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 03, 2021 May 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

What do you mean? The OP is asking about collated PDF, your solution only works for individual pages, not if you need COLLATED PAGES.,

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Print Booklet to a .ps file works best with the Adobe PDF 9.0 PPD where you can spec any custom width and height. Third party printer PPDs often don't work. My link has a link to download the PPD.

Screen Shot 2017-08-15 at 2.11.52 PM.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Most Valuable Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's important to use the right PPD. If you are sending it direct to the Xerox C70 that's the right PPD. But you aren't. Your "device" is Distiller, so use the Distiller PPD. There may be other issues, but it's entirely possible that the Xerox PPD sets page size in a way that is private to Xerox and Distiller doesn't see.

It doesn't matter a bean if you're making a PDF for later printing to the C70; the immediate device would be Distiller and no other device dependent stuff (except possibly halftone info) can survive distilling.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines