• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Print Booklet leaves a blank spread

Participant ,
Oct 22, 2020 Oct 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see other users are having the same problem...  

I ran tests to a PDF, and I still had blank pages, even though exported single pages came out perfectly.  I thought I had corrupted art, so I re-imported it all.  Again, the single pages were fine, the booklet was not.  

I used Acrobat's Booklet printing function, and while it didn't crash, somehow it wasn't sent to my printer queue.  

As a last resort, I made a booklet PDF from the singles PDF (not my preferred workflow) and just took my thumb drive to the Fiery printer.  That finally worked.  

Can Adobe please fix this instead of having a big conference?

TOPICS
Import and export , Print

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Oct 23, 2020 Oct 23, 2020

Are you using the AdobePDF 9.0 PPD and Distilling the .ps file?

Here are the Distilled printer spreads in AcrobatPro for a 24 page saddle stitch:

Screen Shot 20.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Oct 24, 2020 Oct 24, 2020

It's very difficult to know what's going on - can you share your files please?

I would imagine there's something interfering with the process, a faulty image/font/colour somewhere.

I'd start by trying the process with the first 4 pages, then then next 4 and then the next 4 so on.

Then see if any of these fail.

If they do - there's an issue on one of those 4 pages, then eliminate elements until it resolves.

If 4s work normally, I'd try doing 8s and repeat the process.

Then maybe 12s to repeat

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have pages that are blank, with no content? If so, place a white frame on these pages.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 23, 2020 Oct 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No blank pages, the content is there in the Booklet preview, but blank in both the print and PDF of the booklet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How many pages in your book?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

24 - it works out to 6 forms...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Make sure you go to Print Settings and check Print Blank Pages. Here I’m imposing 8 pages, and page 8 is blank, so to include it in the imposition I need to check Print Blank Pages

Screen Shot.png

With it unchecked:

Screen Shot 1.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Except the pages aren't blank...  I *want* the content to print...  

I'm posting a workaround since other people seem to be having the same problem...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can’t see a problem—maybe share the file via Dropbox or your CC account.

Here’s 24 pages set to Perfect Bound 4 page signatures:

Screen Shot 7.png

All the printer spread previews are correct

Screen Shot 6.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Again, the previews are fine...  The physical print is not, and neither is a PDF of the booklet.  A PDF of single pages is OK, which is where I started with my workaround...  Again, I see other users posting with this same problem...

Also, I'm trying to print saddle stitched if that makes a difference...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you using the AdobePDF 9.0 PPD and Distilling the .ps file?

Here are the Distilled printer spreads in AcrobatPro for a 24 page saddle stitch:

Screen Shot 20.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 24, 2020 Oct 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's very difficult to know what's going on - can you share your files please?

I would imagine there's something interfering with the process, a faulty image/font/colour somewhere.

I'd start by trying the process with the first 4 pages, then then next 4 and then the next 4 so on.

Then see if any of these fail.

If they do - there's an issue on one of those 4 pages, then eliminate elements until it resolves.

If 4s work normally, I'd try doing 8s and repeat the process.

Then maybe 12s to repeat the process.

Then 16 and so on.

The process works - and I never had an issue with the process of printing 24 pages - so you are experiencing a unique issue. 

You say others have the same problem... can you share links to these ? Or is it others in your place of business?

If so, it might be an issue with your RIP/print device.

Again, hard to know until we see the files - as you can see from my above ramblings, it could be anything causing the problem! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 24, 2020 Oct 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Or at least show a screen capture of your Print Booklet>Print Settings>Setup tab

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines