Highlighted

Print Booklet printing some pages blank

Community Beginner ,
Feb 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello there,
I'm trying to print a 20-page booklet as a pdf using the Print Booklet feature. 
I'm getting blank pages on two of the spreads (18,3 and 14,7), only trim marks are showing up.
error.jpg
In the preview window seems everything fine, so there must be something happening during exporting/flattening process. 

preview.jpg
When i'm exporting the file the usual way (File>Export...) the pdf comes out fine but not in the order that is needed for saddle stich booklet printing . I'm just having this issue with the Print Booklet feature. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Most Valuable Participant
Correct answer by BobLevine | Most Valuable Participant

You were very clear.

You cannot export a PDF using print booklet. You can only print to pdf or postscript and distill. Those are not even close to being the same thing.

There are zero reasons to have to do this.

TOPICS
Bug, Import and export, Print

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Print Booklet printing some pages blank

Community Beginner ,
Feb 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello there,
I'm trying to print a 20-page booklet as a pdf using the Print Booklet feature. 
I'm getting blank pages on two of the spreads (18,3 and 14,7), only trim marks are showing up.
error.jpg
In the preview window seems everything fine, so there must be something happening during exporting/flattening process. 

preview.jpg
When i'm exporting the file the usual way (File>Export...) the pdf comes out fine but not in the order that is needed for saddle stich booklet printing . I'm just having this issue with the Print Booklet feature. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Most Valuable Participant
Correct answer by BobLevine | Most Valuable Participant

You were very clear.

You cannot export a PDF using print booklet. You can only print to pdf or postscript and distill. Those are not even close to being the same thing.

TOPICS
Bug, Import and export, Print

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Feb 28, 2020 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Feb 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Find another printer. Imposition is their job.

If you're doing this in house, either print directly to the printer or export a PDF and use Acrobat's booklet feature.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 28, 2020 2
Community Beginner ,
Feb 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry,  I propably didn't explain myself correctly.
I meant that when i export the pdf using Print Booklet feature, the exported pdf has some pages blank.
But I didn't know about Acrobat's booklet feature! I used it and got the result I wanted!

Thank you very much!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 28, 2020 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Feb 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You were very clear.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 28, 2020 2
Adobe Community Professional ,
Feb 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, you should export the PDF as usual from InDesign, then use Acrobat Pro to print as booklet.

😉

Acrobat_r86T0B1mVF.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 28, 2020 0
Explorer ,
Oct 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using the Acrobat booklet feature, but somehow Acrobat doesn't want to send to my printer queue

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 22, 2020 0