• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Print Booklet randomly cropping booklet at wrong size/orientation.

Participant ,
May 03, 2021 May 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I look at the final PS file in Acrobat it is cropped at the wrong size/dimension no matter what setting I use in Indesign, what am I missing? Or is this a bug? Trying to make a 5.5" x 8.5" booklet that will be printed from a mothersheet from a much bigger paper size, probably A3 or something like 12x9.5 but European equivalent, so I don't know exactly how big the mothersheet will be, I just need it to crop at 11" x 8.5", to be cut, stapled and folded in half.

When I export it the booklet using 'Print Booklet' it keeps the correct rotation of the print, but flips the paper to regular/vertical size 8.5" x 11" and crops the booklet instead of flipping it along with the page or rotating the paper to flip to the correct way.

My preview dialogue box looks correct and I have it set to 'Device Independent', please help if you know what I am missing. Developers, please take a queue from the issue and fix the bug, if it's not a bug please make the 'Print Booklet' feature more user-friendly, more Adobe-like, maybe even discard it completely and come up with a better solution for this. Thank you.

TOPICS
Bug , Feature request , Import and export , Print

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

looks like the the Adobe Community site doesn't like PNG files, here's the screenshots as JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

this is what the final booklet loooks like, cropped wrong as you can see:Screen Shot 2021-05-03 at 12.51.08 AM.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines