• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Print Booklet to PDF in InDesign CC > no file

Community Beginner ,
Nov 20, 2018 Nov 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to Print Booklet to PDF in InDesign CC 2017.

I can physically print a booklet to a real printer, but when I try to print the spreads to PDF (in order to send to a print vendor), it doesn't ask for a file destination and doesn't seem to be outputting a file anywhere. I cannot find an initial setting for setting a file destination, etc. It just seems to do nothing.

I like sending our printer spreads but can also send a normal PDF, but this spares them the imposition task. I also am unable to create a workable Postscript file, as it for some reason only exports odd numbered pages (or even. I can't remember - it only exports half the spread).

Late 2013 Mac Pro running Sierra, with InDesign CC 2017

Any help would be appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 20, 2018 Nov 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just send them a properly exported PDF. Imposition is their job, not yours.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 26, 2018 Nov 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I fully realize that. That's not the question I asked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rich,

We are sorry to hear about this. Please try these steps and share results:

• Open the attachment and then please follow steps: Adobe Creative Cloud
  • Quit InDesign.
  • Navigate to /Applications/Adobe InDesign CC 2019/Presets/.
  • Within the Presets", folder Create a folder called PPDs (the folder name is case-sensitive).
  • Place a copy of the downloaded PPD into the folder you created

If this does not help, please try these steps: The Adobe Print Engine fails error in InDesign

Let us know if this helps or if you need any further assistance.

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much!
I will apply the first solution and if that doesn't work, I'll try the second. I'll be sure to update this thread either way.

I appreciate the response!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 09, 2020 Sep 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

UGH. I wish I knew there was a fix! I cannot create spread pdfs correctly. It does not allow me to make any pages other than 11x8.5. . Cannot get InDesign to recognize the ADPDF9.PDD. Of course this happens whe i'm in a rush. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Late 2013 Mac Pro running Sierra, with InDesign CC 2017

Also, on OSX you have to distill the saved .ps file with the Distiller app. So after downloading the ADPDF9.PPD file Srishti linked to, you have to click Print Booklet>Print Settings... and set the Printer to Postscript File with AdobePDF 9.0 as the PPD. When you do that you will be able to set any Paper Size. After clicking OK to close the Print dialog, click Print and you will be prompted to save a .ps file which still needs to be distilled via Distiller

Screen Shot 2.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 27, 2018 Nov 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!
I will absolutely take that under advisement as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Sep 10, 2020 Sep 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Are you have Acrobat Pro? Why not try print booklet feature from Acrobat print window? 

Remember, never say you can't do something in InDesign, it's always just a question of finding the right workaround to get the job done. © David Blatner

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines