Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

print indesign as pdf

Explorer ,
Dec 10, 2020 Dec 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

unfortunately since the last updates i have problems to print / save an indesign document to send to my client. It is a very simple request to have a pdf. I get messages cannot print pdf because of "background work". I saved now all files from cloud to my harddisc, still the same. I work on a Dell XPS13 on latest and liscensed microsoft and adobe versions.

Can anyone send a guide of how to uninstall idd16 and re install the fomer version, that was working good and reliable for the money that adobe is asking for it.

Thank you

TOPICS
Print

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I guess first off, never PRINT to a PDF file. As a matter of fact, I don't think InDesign lets you anymore. You should be choosing File > Export and then one of the PDF options from the format drop-down menu.

If it's telling you that there's a background process running, choose Window > Utilities > Background Tasks to see what process that is.

If you don't want to troubleshoot the current issue and want to uninstall InDesign 16.0, open the Creative Cloud desktop application, click on All apps on the left side of the screen, find InDesign and click on the 3 dots to the right of the application and choose uninstall.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. The message just says there is a problem to print. It does not specifiy which problem.

It is now installed. How can i install the former 15.1 version?

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 17, 2021 Jan 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out. Please follow instructions given on this help article(https://helpx.adobe.com/in/download-install/using/install-previous-version.html) to install InDesign 2020.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 17, 2021 Jan 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

So, you are still trying to print to PDF? You should not.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines