Exit

PRINT PROBLEM WITH INDESIGN

New Here ,
Jan 25, 2021 Jan 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everybody, 

I have some problem with Indesign. 

When I export the file in pdf my document is correct but then, when I print, the document has white backgrounds instead of the pictures. 

Could you help me please?
I use MAC.

thank you

TOPICS
Import and export , Print

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 25, 2021 Jan 25, 2021

It looks like the file with the La Gourmanderie logo may have an overprinting white box and your print settings are ignoring the overprinting. Do you see a print option to simulate overprinting? selecting that may fix the issue, but I would open the logo in Illustrator and set the white box color to None and set the black type to overprint, then re-save the file as .ai or .pdf (using the Illustrator default settings), particularly if the logo is an .eps.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Can you confirm the exact version of your software and operating system you have?

Also, please share the export settings, you seem to have an issue with the transparency of the text frame placed on top of the backgkround.

Sometimes it helps to place the text on a layer organised abive the layer of the background.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To trouble shoot this, we'll need a lot more information...

Were the images place or pasted?

What format(s) were the images?

What PDF export settings were used?

What kind of printer did the errant prints come from?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It looks like the file with the La Gourmanderie logo may have an overprinting white box and your print settings are ignoring the overprinting. Do you see a print option to simulate overprinting? selecting that may fix the issue, but I would open the logo in Illustrator and set the white box color to None and set the black type to overprint, then re-save the file as .ai or .pdf (using the Illustrator default settings), particularly if the logo is an .eps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines