• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Printed text has a shadow

New Here ,
May 20, 2019 May 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Text in Indesign and Illustrator has a 'light shaddow' surrounding each character when printed from within the applications or when a pdf of the files is printed.  It seems to be in the vertical aspect of the characters and not in the horizontal aspect.  The same text printed in Pages or Word does not show this 'shaddow'.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Make sure you don’t have any effects applied.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you post a screen shot showing the problem. Also what operating system and what version of InDesign are you using?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PrinterProblem.png

Above is the printed copy. Below is a screen shot of the indesign file on iiMac os 10.14.4, indesign 14.0.2

IndesignScreen.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Again, check the effects panel. Looks like you have a shadow applied.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What effects?  Selecting Text shows no Object -> Effect, selecting the text frame, there are no Effects selected.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is a 'global light', whatever that is...  And the effect does not show viewing the file, only on the printing of the file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you’d like to post the file somewhere that we can download it and check, feel free. Someone will check it out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

While you have the text frame selected go to the Effects Panel and if you see the "fx" icon next to the right of "Object:" that means that an effect is applied. To remove it (with the frame still selected) click on the trash can on the lower right of the panel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is an fx, but the trash can gives a circle with a slash, so I think no effects are applied.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screenshot please.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen+Shot+2019-05-20+at+1.56.10+PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think you're going to need to post that file somewhere.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How to do that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whatever is happening is unique to your system. No issues here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could Adobe products be using a different type set than word or pages, especially when printing?  If so, is there a way to have it use the same set?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to be certain.  The effect does not show when you print my file??  Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, it does not.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does this happen on all printers or on only one printer? If only one printer does it matter which computer you print from? Again, if so, what type of printer is this? If it’s an inkjet see if there is a setting for printing in black only or monochrome or grayscale.

I suspect you have an inkjet printer that has the heads unaligned. Check the manual or software the printer came with to align the heads.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is an inkjet printer.  The effect is there printing the file from iMac or MacBook.  The same text prints without the effect from pages and word, so it is not a printer alignment problem.  I tried 'print text as black' and the effect is still there.  I will try to get a friend to print the file and see what happens.  Thanks...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 21, 2019 May 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ralphj17720980 ,

if you export to PDF with InDesign will you see the effect?

Regards,
Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 31, 2019 May 31, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see the effect if I export an InDesign file to pdf.  I chatted with apple and they have no answer.  Hp does not have a current driver for my printer.  My latest thought is that whatever driver output / connection the latest Adobe has for Indesgin / Acrobat, no longer works with an older driver.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 31, 2019 May 31, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I assume that you tested my file on a mac?  with a hp printer?  and that the printer is newer that my older hp printer??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 21, 2020 Aug 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I was having this same problem printing files with text and images from Illustrator - a 'shadow' was applied to all items on the document even though my Effects menu was empty.

When I put new ink cartridges in my HP Officejet 4650 I skipped the printer alignment. I have since done the alignment and it seems to have resolved the issue...Won't be skipping the alignment next time lol

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines