• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Printing Failure from InDesign to HP LaserJet

New Here ,
Aug 26, 2020 Aug 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Getting error on HP printer screen:  Failure to print: file is corrupt.  

I have Mac OS Catalina - 10.15.5

InDesign -  14.0.3

HP LaserJet MFP M477fnw printer   Driver version 2.0

Seems like this problem started up when I upgraded MacOS to Catalina - was able to print just fine before that.  I print successfully from Acrobat DC, Illustrator, MS Word, and MS Excel - just not InDesign.  The same HP error displays on the printer when I print from InDesign on either my iMac or my MacBookPro, with success from other apps mentioned above.  

Thanks. 

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 27, 2020 Aug 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you experimented with upgrading to InDesign 15.1.1?

Mike Witherell

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 28, 2020 Aug 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes.  Just yesterday, I installed 15.1.1    Today I tried to print one page and got the "! Unable to print.  File is corrupt" error on the printer display.  I then tried printing the 16 page file.  It took about 40 seconds to transfer the document from the print driver to the printer but then, alas, got the "! Unable to print. File is corrupt" error again.  

I have wondered why the HP driver would send a "corrupt" file to the printer - shouldn't it be able to tell if the file was "corrupt" and display that to me on the computer screen?  But maybe it's designed to detect the corruption at the printer level.  

Looking forward to your reply.  

Thanks. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 04, 2020 Sep 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just checking to see if there is anything you can suggest to try.  I'm not sure if it's InDesign, HP Print Driver, or the Printer itself.  Wish there was an easy fix.  The printer worked fine with InDesign for years before it started to fail.  I don't know if the driver gets corrupt and needs replacing or if there is an alternate driver version that I need to try.  Since I can successfully print from other Adobe programs, I thought it was possibly an InDesign issue.  It's a shame that a product that is used for the most part for paper output is not able to produce just THAT.   Wish there was a way I could escalate this.  

Thanks.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 04, 2020 Sep 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You might want to start with HP and see if they have a fresh print driver.

There are lots of ways that applications can define Postscript output, and while I think you have done a pretty good job isolating the situation, sometimes it's more about the device interpreting that definition.

The latest driver is v2.9.3.01, with a signed date of June 1, 2020. It often takes a little time for the driver to hit distribution, so the actual release date might've been a bit later than that. You can find the latest driver through the link below:

HP Color LaserJet Pro MFP477fnw drivers

Hope this helps,

Randy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines