• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Printing From InDesign to Epson inkjet

Explorer ,
Jul 20, 2020 Jul 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I print, the color is muted and some of the fine lines drop out. When I print the same file to a laser printer, it looks much better brighter--crisp. Prints look great from other apps. What can I do?

i talked to Epson tech, and they say to ask Adobe because the printer is working as it should, based on test prints from other apps.

TOPICS
Print

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Jul 21, 2020 Jul 21, 2020

Laser toner dust can never look like inkjet piezo-electric wet ink splashes. With good color management, the overall color tone can be close, but the essential appearance of laser vs inkjet will always seem different.

Most agree that, yes, export to PDF and print from the PDF.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Jul 21, 2020 Jul 21, 2020

Try PDF/X-4

There are lots of factors why your indesign document might not be printing accurately.

Have a look at this Linkedin Learning online video training course (you can get 30-days free access):

https://www.linkedin.com/learning/indesign-color-management/welcome

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jul 20, 2020 Jul 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which version of InDesign and OS?
Are you printing from a PDF created from your InDesign document, if so, which type?

Are your images in RGB color mode?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 21, 2020 Jul 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your reply, Derek.

InDesign v 15.1.1

OS Catalina 10.15.5

I'm printing directly from InDesign. Should I be converting it to a PDF first? I tried that and it looked a little better. Doesn't look as good as the laserprint. Colors are not true.

The image is RGB, created in Adobe Fresco/Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try PDF/X-4

There are lots of factors why your indesign document might not be printing accurately.

Have a look at this Linkedin Learning online video training course (you can get 30-days free access):

https://www.linkedin.com/learning/indesign-color-management/welcome

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. I have a subscription, so I will watch that right now. Seems like there are so many variables. I believe the printer (brand new) has the capacity for better quality--it's actually sold to be a photo printer. Thanks again. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Laser toner dust can never look like inkjet piezo-electric wet ink splashes. With good color management, the overall color tone can be close, but the essential appearance of laser vs inkjet will always seem different.

Most agree that, yes, export to PDF and print from the PDF.

Mike Witherell

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks, Mike!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines