Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Printing - Indicates an error for PNG images

New Here ,
Jun 20, 2020 Jun 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there.

I'm sorry, unfortunately I don't really speak English well. I would have a problem with InDesign, I'm using the 2018 version. I tried to reinstall the program several times, but unfortunately it didn't solve the problem. I want to create a PostScript file (this is the format the printer asks for). I also set everything up properly, but unfortunately I get an Adobe Print Engine error all the time. During my experiments, it turned out that if I inserted a PNG image into the project, I would write the error for some reason. If you don't have PNG inside, you'll be able to generate the file without a hitch, and I don't understand why this error occurs. Can you help me, what can I do to allow "printing" in PNG format as well? I can't use PostScript or any other printer through the program.

Thank you in advance for your answers and help!

TOPICS
Bug , Import and export , Print , Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just checked it out, unfortunately it doesn't allow PDF either, there's the same bug

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please tell us

1. The exact error message

2. The PPD you choose when printing

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

1. Printing Error: The Adobe Print Engine has failed to output your data due to an unknown problem

2. Adobe PDF

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Jun 21, 2020 Jun 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

png and eps is an evil. Nevertheless in Adobe knows about this bug and fix will be released soon.

Remember, never say you can't do something in InDesign, it's always just a question of finding the right workaround to get the job done. © David Blatner

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 21, 2020 Jun 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Why do you use PNG on the first place? I always recommend to avoid PNG and EPS files as pestilence. Don't use them in InDesign.

Use PDF/X-4 (never use X-1a or X-3!!!! as they have similiar problems as EPS) or AI files.

If you have images with transparency, use PSD.

If you have images combined with text use PDP (Photoshop PDF).

For Output do only PDF, never PostScript.

If the printer asks for PostScript, find a different printer and if you cannot change, export as PDF/X-4 and save from Acrobat Pro out of that PDF an PostScript. Why does the printer not accept PDFs?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines