Printing large scale banners outside indesign canvas size

New Here ,
Feb 10, 2021 Feb 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys,

I have worked on large scale prints before, however currently working on one that is larger than the PDF export restrictions so it becomes cropped.

The resolve - creating the artwork as 1/2 the required print, for the printer to scale up

The issue: On exporting the file size, at the end(once scaled) is around 25dpi and becomes fairly pixelated. I am trying to work a resolve and would greatly appreciate someones expertise on the subject.

Is indesign the right software? Is there a better workflow ie photoshop > illustrator, export on illustrator.

Is there some flattening/image compression settings within indesign I am overlooking that will ensure the export retains as much dpi as possible?

TOPICS
How to, Import and export, Print

Views

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

davuudg70928086_0-1612961701291.png

so this is the preflight of the document as half the size and the ppi is shown as above, i assume once they double the size is what brings it down to 25ppi

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Most Valuable Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How is it being printed? Anything that large may very well be fine with 25ppi. Nobody is going to be that close, anyway.

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your response, the print is going into a showroom which covers two floors so there will be the opportunity to see it in close proximity

When you ask how is it being printed, how did you mean?

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines