• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Printing looks different than preview around image

New Here ,
Apr 24, 2020 Apr 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I created a sell sheet in InDesign. I wanted to add a photo. I imported the photo into photoshop and took out the background. I  then cut and pasted that into my sell sheet. It looks fine, but when I export to pdf and then print, I see the bounding box around the image. I was having trouble getting the text to crop, so I curved the upper corners of the bounding box. Is this just a fluk on my printer,? I want to be sure before I go to get it printed somewhere on higher quality paper.  First image is what the pdf looks like on screen before I print, last image is actual printed version off inkjetCovid 1.jpgsteve1.jpgIMG_6145.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I  then cut and pasted that into my sell sheet.

First mistake: NEVER copy an image into InDesign. Save the file you've created as a PSD file in Photoshop. Choose File > Place and place the PSD file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I agree that it's probably the cause - but it shouldn't have been printed like that - the printer should be ashamed of themselves and it could have been fixed!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Like Steve said, don't paste into indesign, place you .psd file. 

pasting=printing issues

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines