Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Printing Problem

Community Beginner ,
May 11, 2021 May 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good morning everyone,
I have created a brochure for a friend, and we would like to try printing it. It's A4 and it's composed by 40 pages. I've been working on facing pages, but when creating the pdf for printing I was asked to save the file as single pages....The problem is that I have some pages where images or text appear to start on one of the two pages and end on the other one next to it, and in single pages I find myself with these uncoordinated text/images as seen on the screenshot I took... I hope someone can help me,

Thanks

TOPICS
How to , Import and export , Print

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I hope you can understand, English is not my first language! Also, I don't know if the title is relevant or not, I hope so!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apart the fact that bleed is missing, I do not see any problems wuth you pages. Add the bleed, provide the file as single pages to the printer and he will proceed to imposition to print the file properly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply!

I had 3 mm bleed but I was told to remove it cause "it wasn't necessary"... So, all I need to do is add bleed and I'll leave the rest as it is, right? 

Should I also leave the master pages as they are? Pages numbers seems to be fine as well!

Thanks again

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had 3 mm bleed but I was told to remove it cause "it wasn't necessary"

Told by who? The printer? It is weird because as soon as there is color or an image on the edges, bleed is mandatory

Should I also leave the master pages as they are? Pages numbers seems to be fine as well!

I do not see any master pages on your screenshot, but I do not see any reason to modify them. I do not see any page numbers as well…

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe I heard that wrong. Possible. 

By the way, I know the screenshot doesn't show neither master pages nor page numbers, but I know they're correct... I was just confirming!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perfectly normal to have it as single pages. 

Bleed of 3mm or 5mm (whatever is requested (sometimes more sometimes less).

It will be printed as page

40|1

2|39

38|3

etc

So all you need to do is provide the single pages with bleed. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EvYtMTDDi8Q&ab_channel=PrintingCompany%2C8ColorWebOffset%26DigitalIn...

This is all handled by the printers. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the reply!

And thanks for the informational video you linked me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines