• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

printing thumbnails

Community Beginner ,
Jan 06, 2021 Jan 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When printing a 3x3 thumbnail where do I go to adjust the page # font size and offset ?

TOPICS
Print

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 07, 2021 Jan 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out. Would you mind sharing more information about your workflow? You may share screenshots or a small video for better understanding.

This will help us assist you accordingly. Looking forward to your response.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 10, 2021 Mar 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When printing a 3x3 thumbnail where do I go to adjust the page # font size and offset ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 08, 2021 Jan 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tnx for you email. I am using a windows 10 OS and InDesign CC. I have a 9 page file. When printing a 3x3 thumbnail print for presentation to my customer the program auto generates large pg#'s, offsets and shadows. Where is the dialog box to modify those features?

Skip - mail@proprint.us

skiph23010641_0-1610125411422.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi skiph23010641,

there are no options to change or suppress drop shadows.

Or to change the size of type in the captions.

If you need thumbnails in a different way best export the document pages to PDF and place the PDF pages the way you like in a different document scaled and arranged.

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Laubender wrote:

If you need thumbnails in a different way best export the document pages to PDF and place the PDF pages the way you like in a different document scaled and arranged.

Better yet, skip exporting to PDF and place the InDesign file(s) in a new InDesign file. This is how I do it. If I want to make thumbnails or a contact sheet from other InDesign files I plaec them and control keylines, drop shadows, gutters, titles, and page numbers in the second file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could try one off these scripts:

https://shared-assets.adobe.com/link/588c3640-0b0d-47fc-68f2-f56e5d4dd188

One lets you choose a scale for the thumbnails and adjusts the matrix page size, the other lets you choose a page size and scales the thumbnails to fit the page. 

Ths scale version:

Screen Shot 2.png

Screen Shot 3.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 14, 2024 Apr 14, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the pointer! Are there installation instructions to use the downloaded jsx files?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 14, 2024 Apr 14, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines