• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Printing to an inkjet printer

New Here ,
Jan 23, 2020 Jan 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please advise on the right steps and settings for printing from InDesign to an inkjet printer. I'm using a Mac, the printer is a Canon Pro-1000, I have a custom ICC profile. My working RGB is Adobe. 

TOPICS
Print

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Canon Pro-1000 installs its media .icc profiles as a bundle. The path sould be something like /Library/Printers/Canon/BJPrinter/Resources/ICCProfiles/PRO1000series.canonicc.

If you have a custom profile you want to add to the printer media list, you can control click the PRO1000series.canonic bundle to see its contents and add other .icc RGB output profiles:

Screen Shot 2.png

Once you have added your profile to the bundle it should show up in the dropdown under InDesign>Print>Printer...>Layout>Printer Settings.

I don’t have a Canon printer installed, but it works as I’ve described above for my Epson:

Here is the list of my Epson output profiles:

Screen Shot 3.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. How do I get file from InDesign to printer. Is it like you describe here? https://community.adobe.com/t5/indesign/how-to-color-manage-a-file-that-is-going-to-an-quot-rgb-prin...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you printing to the Canon, or sending a file to someone else to print?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Printing to the Canon from my Mac.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually I’m not sure installing your custom profile in the Canon printer bundle will work—I’ve never tried it with a custom profile.

So to start with you could try copying your custom profile into one of OSX’s profile folders such as /Users/username/Library/ColorSync/Profiles and then choose it as the Printer Profile under Color Management when you choose Print

Screen Shot 5.png

You still will need to choose Printer... to set the printer output resolution:

Screen Shot 6.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you mean print direct from InDesign to Inkjet, not using PDF & Acrobat?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 26, 2020 Aug 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am curious regarding this since I also use the Canon Pro-1000 but cannot seem to get consistent colours when printing directly from Indesign. I am only able to get correct colours when using Canon's own "Professional Print & Layout" application. But that is cumbersome when dealing with Indesign since it only accepts TIFFs. I suspect that I need somehow to disable colour correction in macOS's print dialog, but I'm not sure where and how to do this...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines