• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problem opening most recent file

New Here ,
Mar 27, 2019 Mar 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I try opening a most recent file in InDesign the wrong file opens. This has never happened before. When I go to "open" I don't see the file listed. Did I download something that is affecting InDesign? Does anyone else have this problem? Windows10 on Dell laptop. Used InDesign since it was Pagemaker 4. Thanks for any help or advice.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 27, 2019 Mar 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could the file have been on something that is no longer connected to your computer such as an external drive, a network drive or a USB stick? Have you been moving files or folders?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 28, 2019 Mar 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have not been able to find a fix for the problem of clicking on "most recent files" and having another one open and NOT the one I clicked on. I must go to: file, open, select. The short cut is fouled up.Could it be files I've downloaded from the internet? A scan of my computer doesn't show any issues.thanks

[This is a public forum. Personal information was removed by a moderator for your protection.]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 28, 2019 Mar 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried resetting the InDesign preferences?

Set preferences in Adobe InDesign

Windows

Start InDesign, and then press Shift+Ctrl+Alt. Click Yes when asked if you want to delete preference files.

Mac OS

While pressing Shift+Option+Command+Control, start InDesign. Click Yes when asked if you want to delete preference files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 29, 2019 Mar 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In windows control + alt + shift does not open anything. I close indesign and reopen. In edit preferences i don't see appropriate choices.Sorry

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

On Thu, Mar 28, 2019 at 9:46 PM, Michael Bullo<forums_noreply@adobe.com> wrote:

Problem opening most recent file

created by Michael Bullo in InDesign - View the full discussion

Have you tried resetting the InDesign preferences?

Set preferences in Adobe InDesign

Windows

Start InDesign, and then press ShiftCtrlAlt. Click Yes when asked if you want to delete preference files.

Mac OS

While pressing ShiftOptionCommand+Control, start InDesign. Click Yes when asked if you want to delete preference files.

If the reply above answers your question, please take a moment to mark this answer as correct by visiting: https://forums.adobe.com/message/11002075#11002075 and clicking ‘Correct’ below the answer

Replies to this message go to everyone subscribed to this thread, not directly to the person who posted the message. To post a reply, either reply to this email or visit the message page:

Please note that the Adobe Forums do not accept email attachments. If you want to embed an image in your message please visit the thread in the forum and click the camera icon: https://forums.adobe.com/message/11002075#11002075

To unsubscribe from this thread, please visit the message page at , click "Following" at the top right, & "Stop Following"

Start a new discussion in InDesign by email or at Adobe Community

For more information about maintaining your forum email notifications please go to https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1516624.

This email was sent by Adobe Community because you are a registered user.

You may unsubscribe instantly from Adobe Community, or adjust email frequency in your email preferences

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This isn't a preference that is set within InDesign. This is doing a reset of the InDesign preferences which is done as InDesign is launching.

Find the icon you use to launch InDesign. Hold down the series of keys outlined in my previous post. Now launch InDesign while keeping the keys held down. Keep the keys held down until you see a popup box asking whether you want to delete the preferences. Choose yes and InDesign will launch while rebuilding the preferences.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

So a dialogue box (do you want to allow this app access to your files) appeared and I clicked yes, allow the app to do what it does.Last opened files did open correctly then when I clicked on them. However, after I closed the files and then tried again - within five or ten minutes of closing them - they no longer open correctly. A file DOES open, but it's not the one I chose.Has something become corrupt in the InDesign files I have?Thanks for your help - Jeanne

[This is a public forum. Personal information was removed by a moderator for your protection. If you reply via email, please remove your email signature before posting.]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines