• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problem printing transparent .png's

Community Beginner ,
Mar 29, 2011 Mar 29, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am still somewhat a beginner in Indesign, and I have been working to create a printable product catalog in Indesign CS5.

For various logos, product pictures, etc I have been cutting out the background in Photoshop to make them transparent and saving as .png, then I import into the Indesign file. The problem is that when I print (either from PDF or directly from Indesign), those .png images do not have entirely transparent backgrounds. Instead, there is a shaded box the size of the image/object. This box does not show up on screen in PDF or in Indesign, but only when I print.

Any ideas how to fix this?

TOPICS
Print

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Jul 25, 2016 Jul 25, 2016

Before I posted, I actually tested this.

A .PNG created in the current versions of Photoshop with an ICC profile (I tested with other than sRGB or AdobeRGB) and/or transparency fully and properly places into the current versions of InDesign maintaining the proper ICC profile and/or transparency.

- Dov

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jan 08, 2021 Jan 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem is that when I print (either from PDF or directly from Indesign)

This question has come up before.

With composite printing it is likely a problem with how the print driver handles the transparency or color management. Try exporting a PDF with the Output tab’s Destination set to Document RGB, and then when you print in Acrobat check Print As Image from Advanced pane.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 01, 2022 Nov 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having this same problem. I am placing .png file into illustrator and they end up with a light background around the images. the file looks fine on screen, but when printed it is leaving a light background. Why is this happening?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 01, 2022 Nov 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Place PSD, not PNG.

The. rest look here: https://creativepro.com/eliminating-ydb-yucky-discolored-box-syndrome/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 17, 2023 Nov 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

In the printer settings, go to printqualtity, change imgae from vector to grid.

That did the trick for me. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines