Problem Typing in InDesign

Dec 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since the most recent update of InDesign, something really weird seems to be happening for me with the type tool in InDesign.

Any time I try to type the letter "E", it doesn't input the letter and resets the paragraph style back to "Basic Paragraph". Sometimes "undoing" the action works, and other times I have to fix the changes manually. As far as I know, it's only that one letter, and none of the other letters have any issues.

Opening and closing the document and InDesign did nothing to change the situation.

For now I have had to resort to typing in another program and copy-pasting to InDesign to get my projects done for deadlines, as nobody else in my organization or on a quick web search seems to be experiencing this issue or has applied a fix.

It worked completely fine for me up until this point so is this a bug, or a setting I need to change? What's going on?

TOPICS
Bug, Performance, Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Problem Typing in InDesign

Dec 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since the most recent update of InDesign, something really weird seems to be happening for me with the type tool in InDesign.

Any time I try to type the letter "E", it doesn't input the letter and resets the paragraph style back to "Basic Paragraph". Sometimes "undoing" the action works, and other times I have to fix the changes manually. As far as I know, it's only that one letter, and none of the other letters have any issues.

Opening and closing the document and InDesign did nothing to change the situation.

For now I have had to resort to typing in another program and copy-pasting to InDesign to get my projects done for deadlines, as nobody else in my organization or on a quick web search seems to be experiencing this issue or has applied a fix.

It worked completely fine for me up until this point so is this a bug, or a setting I need to change? What's going on?

TOPICS
Bug, Performance, Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Dec 08, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about this. Would you mind sharing the version of the OS?

I'd recommend resetting preferences of the app & let us know if helps.

**Please note that resetting preferences will remove all the custom settings and InDesign will launch with default settings. You can also take a backup of the folders in case you want to. Location is mentioned in the article.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 03, 2021 0