Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problem with .indd character encoding in french

New Here ,
May 24, 2021 May 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi.

I'm working on a traslation of a Spanish book to French. When I open the indd file the char encoding is broken.

My designer make it on mac, and then send to me to correct and finish the book. I work on windows. 

In mac it looks fine, the problem begins when i open it in windows.

We already check that the font is not the problem. All are open with indesign 2020 version, for a plugin compatibility that we need. The pc can't be changed to mac, it's a server that we use for more other things and can't be replaced.

This error replicate in a lot of files, i need a tool or something that can, at least, fix the problem file to file, is not viable to do it with the symbol panel manually for each broken char.

Thanks

mac_preview.jpeg

win_prview.jpeg

TOPICS
Bug , How to , Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What font is it? Is it OpenType? Is the same version of the font installed on both Mac and Windows?

Mike Witherell

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

We use this font since 5 years ago, a ttf we already edited to add some chars and use in all the company projects. I checked in fontforge that symbols are in and the two computers are using the las version. The codification fail that i think can be is for the complete change of some of the chars. If only was the font the windows version will be full of  "squares " instead of swapped letters.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think Mike is right: check if one of you is using a TTversion and the other one an OTF version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines