I'm working on a traslation of a Spanish book to French. When I open the indd file the char encoding is broken.
My designer make it on mac, and then send to me to correct and finish the book. I work on windows.
In mac it looks fine, the problem begins when i open it in windows.
We already check that the font is not the problem. All are open with indesign 2020 version, for a plugin compatibility that we need. The pc can't be changed to mac, it's a server that we use for more other things and can't be replaced.
This error replicate in a lot of files, i need a tool or something that can, at least, fix the problem file to file, is not viable to do it with the symbol panel manually for each broken char.
We use this font since 5 years ago, a ttf we already edited to add some chars and use in all the company projects. I checked in fontforge that symbols are in and the two computers are using the las version. The codification fail that i think can be is for the complete change of some of the chars. If only was the font the windows version will be full of "squares " instead of swapped letters.