• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problem with large letters in text

New Here ,
Aug 25, 2020 Aug 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How can I fix the large size letters as I type my sentences? Each sentence is automatically starting with a HUGE letter at  the beginning of each sentence. 

image.jpg

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Aug 25, 2020 Aug 25, 2020

Does this just happen in one file, or in more than one? Please tell us what operating system (exactly) you're running. Please tell us (exactly) what InDesign version you're using.

You may have a paragraph style selected in the Paragraph Styles panel (Window > Styles > Paragraph Styles), and that paragraph style may include an initial Drop Cap.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Aug 25, 2020 Aug 25, 2020

Just stemming off of Steve's response which is dead on, you may have accidentally made one of the styles the default in the document. To fix, make sure that nothing is selected, open the Paragraph Styles panel, and choose a different style (maybe Basic Paragraph). That should alleviate your problem. As Steve pointed out, it could be a Drop Cap or a Nested Style.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does this just happen in one file, or in more than one? Please tell us what operating system (exactly) you're running. Please tell us (exactly) what InDesign version you're using.

You may have a paragraph style selected in the Paragraph Styles panel (Window > Styles > Paragraph Styles), and that paragraph style may include an initial Drop Cap.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 26, 2020 Aug 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. It was the Drop Cap, I was able to figure this out soon after I posted my question. Thank you for your quick response. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just stemming off of Steve's response which is dead on, you may have accidentally made one of the styles the default in the document. To fix, make sure that nothing is selected, open the Paragraph Styles panel, and choose a different style (maybe Basic Paragraph). That should alleviate your problem. As Steve pointed out, it could be a Drop Cap or a Nested Style.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On another context when asking a question please add a screenshot from the computer rather than a picture of your computer screen. It helps a lot to understand the issue with a clear pic instead of a hazy, poorly oriented picture of the screen.

-Manan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As a first time user to the adobe community and having no prior experience with InDesign- I did not locate any specifications or guidelines on how to upload high quality screen shots other than the option of simply adding a picture. This may have been something I missed however my question was about the text in my document which was kindly answered by the previous community professionals. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It sounds like you found a resolution to your question. Would you mind kindly marking which answer helped you as correct? It helps other users find answers to their questions in the future. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

No worries Shannon, hope the comment helps someone else. Cheers

-Manan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines