Highlighted

Problem with new lines in InDesign

Community Beginner ,
May 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a problem in InDesign. When I want to get a break in my text I normally use the "ENTER-Key" but it is not working in ID. I do not have a "RETURN"-Key and I dont know what to do. It is really exhausting to go in the menu and select return for everytime I wanna break the text for the next line.

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Problem with new lines in InDesign

Community Beginner ,
May 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a problem in InDesign. When I want to get a break in my text I normally use the "ENTER-Key" but it is not working in ID. I do not have a "RETURN"-Key and I dont know what to do. It is really exhausting to go in the menu and select return for everytime I wanna break the text for the next line.

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
May 11, 2020 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
May 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you can explain what your setup is that doesn’t have a Return key, perhaps we can help you find a faster way. Also, what are these line breaks for you? Do you mean paragraph break, soft return, or something else?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 11, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
May 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey 🙂 Yeah I mean paragraph breaks, couldn't find the right word for that beforehand. I think the problem is that i use a laptop and on my keyboard I only have one return key. If i press that return key it results in a "column break" so the rest of my text just vanishes and does not show up in the next line as I want it to.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 11, 2020 1
Jenny_20 LATEST
Community Beginner ,
May 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Alright, I found the Problem and fixed it. Had to change the keyboard command. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 11, 2020 0