Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problem with Paragraph styles when creating Table of Contents

Community Beginner ,
May 16, 2020 May 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all, 

I am trying to make a table of contents for a book I am doing for college. I have set up individual files for each chapter and each chapter heading uses this paragraph style: 

Chapter titles.png

 In my table of contents dialogue box I have set up the Table of Contents heading with this paragraph style: 

Table Of Contents Heading.png

Then the entries has this style: 

Table of Contents Entries.png

 I set up the table of contents option box like so: 

Table of contents settings.png

But when I place the table of contents it looks like this, with weird captilised letters that I can't seem to uncapitalise. Any ideas on how I can fix this? Thank you! 

captialised text.png

TOPICS
How to , Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , May 19, 2020 May 19, 2020

I tried these things but they did not work, and I didn't have a plus sign in the paragraphy style. However I opened a new document, typed random text, changed the case from lower case to title case and that seemed to change the caps in this document. Very odd! 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seems like Small Caps to me. Check your paragraph style and check if any Character style with Small Caps is applied as standard.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the reply! I double checked and small caps is not applied to that paragraph style...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And there is no character style applied to the paragraph style at all

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

… No! But you could have a char style directly applied to the paras using the "Chapter Title" para style!  =D

(^/)  The Jedi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
May 17, 2020 May 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Go to the document and deselect any text, go to the Character panel and take a look to the contextual menu and let me know if all caps is selected by default

Screen Shot 2020-05-18 at 12.10.16 AM.png

Then select the text and do you have a PLUS in the paragraph style? maybe you have to clear the overrides

Hope that helps

E

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 19, 2020 May 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I tried these things but they did not work, and I didn't have a plus sign in the paragraphy style. However I opened a new document, typed random text, changed the case from lower case to title case and that seemed to change the caps in this document. Very odd! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines