• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problem with presets in InDesign

New Here ,
Feb 02, 2021 Feb 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can anyone help with this? Just using InDesign for first time and can't save any of the stock presets. They would really help! 

TOPICS
Bug , Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay - as the screengrab is not working (not my day) I'll explain. Every time I click to download a preset, dialogue box pops up with the following: Your asset was licensed successfully, but we found an error in trying to save it to your library. Please try again.

Not particularly helpful!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If your tool uses Presets folder in InDesign folder, add custom read and write access right for admin to Presets folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 03, 2021 Feb 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply! I've tried this. It seemed to work once and then stopped working (same error message). The template it did download is in my library but refuses to open. Very frustrating. Any other ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Philiusb,

hm, that's really a strange error message for several reasons:

InDesign asset problem.PNG

Did you license this FREE "Minimal Brochure Layout" template showing in the background?

If yes, this is a package of InDesign documents or perhaps one InDesign document with two alternate layouts for A4 and US letter sized pages. Now comes the strange thing: Don't know if I'm right, but does Adobe Stock try to save the layouts to a CC Library? Why would be that strange? Because CC Libraries do not support InDesign documents. Not at all.

Can you tell in steps what you did and what the Adobe Stock user interface offered and suggested?

Believe me: If this asset actually is an InDesign document, "Please try again" is absolutely no option!

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Philiusb,

you also said: "The template it did download is in my library but refuses to open."

Could you show a screenshot of your CC Library where you see the template?

Hm. I would also install Adobe Bridge and check the library there.

Maybe you find a hint where this template is stored in your file system from Adobe Bridge.

( Just a wild guess. )

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Uwe - thanks for the reply! I'm a CC subscriber and am using InDesign for the first time. On the opening screen, there is the option to use one of the free 'presets' as part of the package. Every time I click to download one (I've tried almost all of them) the same error message comes up. I did try and investigate the folder permisisons in the InDesign folder (where the software is stored on my hard drive). And it suddenly seemed to work briefly (i.e. the one template below appeared to download) but then, when the template didn't load, I found it in my CC Library (see attached) with an exclamation mark on it (so something is wrong). I've since never been able to get beyond the original error message on any of the presets. 😕  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I've just created a new 'group' and have been able to open THAT preset. But I still can't download any others - same message. It's something to do with the destination path I think...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hm. I'm musing over your screenshot:

CC library screen grab.JPG

Did you choose the name of this library named "STOCK TEMPLATES" or did it Adobe Stock for you?

Never saw an asset like this with the "Not grouped" label. This may be because I never used Adobe Stock for anything.

Sorry. I'm no real help with that issue…

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

'Stock Templates' was already there. I dragged the template you see there into 'Create Group' and created a new 'group'. This allowed me to open it, so that's progress. But the original error still shows on all the others no matter what I do.

Thanks for taking an interest. Really appreciate it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tried to find documentation about STOCK TEMPLATES in CC Libraries:

https://helpx.adobe.com/indesign/user-guide.html/indesign/using/creative-cloud-libraries-sync-share-...

As far as I can see there is no new category:
"The CC Libraries in InDesign support the following assets: Colors, Color Themes, Paragraph Styles, Character Styles, and Graphics".

No word about stock templates…

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yeah, it's strange. No idea what's going on. It definitely seems like it is trying to find a destination for the file but can't. I've tried everything to get around it. Managed to find free presets online to play with but it's annoying not having access to the presets that come with my subscription.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines