Exit

Problem with Print Booklet in Indesign

New Here ,
Oct 31, 2018 Oct 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

InDesign_2018-10-31_18-22-11.pngInDesign_2018-10-31_18-22-16.png

Hi!

I need to create a 64 pages book (33 spreads?), and I have a problem with the option "print booklet" because it keep adding blank pages and I don't know how to fix it.

Thanks! And sorry for the bad english

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 31, 2018 Oct 31, 2018

I need to create a 64 pages book (33 spreads?), and I have a problem with the option "print booklet" because it keep adding blank pages and I don't know how to fix it.

If there are any blank pages in your 64 page doc make sure you check Print Blank Pages under Print Settings>General. When you impose for a booklet page 1 and 64 will be combined into a spread so there will be 32 spreads.

You can try Acrobat's Booklet feature as Bob suggests, but there is no Perfect Binding/Signature options. There's

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Export a PDF and use the booklet feature in Acrobat. You’ll get far better results.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which version of InDesign and OS?

Are you printing this to your own desktop printer or sending it out to a commercial printer?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I already solved it, the option "print blank pages" wasn't checked

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If there are any blank pages in your 64 page doc make sure you check Print Blank Pages under Print Settings>General. When you impose for a booklet page 1 and 64 will be combined into a spread so there will be 32 spreads.

You can try Acrobat's Booklet feature as Bob suggests, but there is no Perfect Binding/Signature options. There's also no Creep setting

Screen Shot 2.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 22, 2021 Feb 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Plz make a video on this

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Sep 13, 2021 Sep 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do prefer never use it print booklet feature in InDesign. I was have many strange bugs with it. As Rob says - do print booklet from Acrobat Pro, or if you have some complex imposition — use it something like Quite Imposing Plus software. Or if this is not home works publication - ask your print house to do imposition on their side, this is works for them not for you.

Remember, never say you can't do something in InDesign, it's always just a question of finding the right workaround to get the job done. © David Blatner

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Printing booklet in Indesign. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@ohenzo Nice. Good job!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you and stay safe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 08, 2022 Aug 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, i dont have blank pages in document. I have 72 pages and when i print booklet it added me 2 pages. I can not print do PDF and create brochure from Acrobat, because i have overprints. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 08, 2022 Aug 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My mistake, i have 1+2 pages before document start because numbers of pages starts on page 3. So thats why i have 74 sides and it works correctly. I cannot delete spread. Please do it. Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 09, 2022 Aug 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Booklets require a multiple of 4 physical pages. If you have 74 actual pages in your document you will need to add two more for the booklet. You can do this automatically using print booklet, or you can do it manually if you want them somewhere other than at the end.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines