• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

problem with PRINT FLYER IN INDESIGN

New Here ,
Nov 09, 2020 Nov 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I need to configure the adobe pdf virtual printer, which allows me to be able to save as pdf when I click "print" directly from Indesign.

For windows no problem, but on mac I don't know how to configure it, that is when I click on "print" in Indesign I don't have the possibility to choose adobe pdf among the printers

thanks

TOPICS
Feature request , How to , Import and export , Print , Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The PPD is set under Print Settings...

Screen Shot 1.png

Screen Shot.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Adobe PDF Virtual Printer is not available for Macintosh. A workaround for it can be found at: https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/using/print-to-pdf.html. It is usually recommended to use File>Export>Adobe PDF (Print or Interactive) when making pdfs out of InDesign.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Bill, I don’t think that is an option with Print Booklet, to get a PDF of a Print Booklet imposition you have to use the Adobe PDF 9.0 PPD and Distill the saved .ps file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't the OP has mentioned using it for a booklet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think you missed Raffael’s attached .png—it’s a capture showing the Print Booklet dialog in Spanish:

Screen Shot 1.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 10, 2020 Nov 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, yeah, I did miss that but I would still like to know why. There's almost no reason for this anymore.

For in house, it's easier to use Acrobat's booklet feature to print.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 10, 2020 Nov 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

InDesign has perfect binding, creep, and signature size options. Postscript output may or may be a problem, depends on the content—could be just black text.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The others have given you the how, but I'd love to know the why?

This is an archaic unrecommended workflow. Why are you not exporting to PDF?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 17, 2020 Nov 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Thanks for answering, the image is in Spanish because my program is Spanish.

To export to interactive pdf I had no problems, I just needed to export the file as a flyer directly from Indesign.

I downloaded an unofficial mac compatible version of "pdf writer", for the moment it seems to work.

thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines