Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Probleme beim Sstarten von InDesign CS2 [CS2 is dead]

New Here ,
Aug 06, 2020 Aug 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hallo,

ich bekomme nach der Installation von InDesign CS2 folgende Meldung, wenn ich InDesign CS2 starten will:

"Es fehlen für AdobeInDesign erforderliche Systemschriftarten oder Cmap-Dateien. Installieren Sie InDesign erneut"

Was tun?

TOPICS
Activation billing and install , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 24, 2020 Aug 24, 2020

Correct – CS2 was never free, nor authorized for use without a valid license... Here is an article from that time:

Adobe: Rumored Free Download of CS2 Software Isn't Actually Free

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What operating system are you trying to install on? InDesign CS2 is about 15 years old and its activation servers were shut down about 8 years ago. You will not be able to install it on any current operating system.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using windows 10 in the 64 bit Version.

But what has it to do with the missing fonts?

--
Mit freundlichen Grüßen
Uwe Rüding

{Personal Information removed by MOD}

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 07, 2020 Aug 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out. Bill is absolutely correct. I am afraid Adobe InDesign CS2 was never designed or tested for Windows 10 OS. We'd request upgrading your Adobe InDesign app for better performance and stability.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 09, 2020 Aug 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ashutosh and Bill_Silbert.,

and sorry for my late reply.

I downloaded it from here. They say, it´s compatible whith w10.
Why do they offer/enable InDesign CS2 for downloading, if it doesn´t work?

Kind regards

Uwe Rüding

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's not an Adobe site and CS2 wasn't even compatible with Windows 7! It's an illegal download.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

chip.de is a well-known computer magazine in Germany with a good reputation. I cannot imagine, that they offer illegal downloads. But I asked them already and we will see what they answer me.

Kind regards

Uwe Rüding

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Aug 10, 2020 Aug 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>> is a well-known computer magazine in Germany

It not mean that you're used it IDCS2 as legal user. Sad, but true: if you not buy it early — you not allowed juridically to install and work whith program. 

Here analogue thread here - https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop/photoshop-cs2-for-free/td-p/8891078?page=1

Remember, never say you can't do something in InDesign, it's always just a question of finding the right workaround to get the job done. © David Blatner

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 24, 2020 Aug 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Correct – CS2 was never free, nor authorized for use without a valid license... Here is an article from that time:

Adobe: Rumored Free Download of CS2 Software Isn't Actually Free

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines