Highlighted

Problems exporting to PDF after creating alternate layout: "large number of page items" error msg

Adobe Community Professional ,
May 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all - 

I have a document that was exporting to PDX4 just fine before I created an alternate layout. Now, it's giving me the dreaded Fail to Export PDF error message. I have tried to save the doc as an IDML and reopen it. When I do, I get the following error message that I have never seen before: 

Screen Shot 2020-05-22 at 5.02.49 pm.png

Working on Mac Catalina 10.15.4, InDesign 15.0.2. I don't see any embedded EPSes created in my links palette. I noticed after creating the alt layout that there were certain items built on the edge of the pasteboard, that when I clicked on them caused a crash. 

I already did the work on the alt layout so would prefer not to have to recreate it from scratch. Any thoughts on this or troubleshooting PDF output? 

Topics

Bug, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Problems exporting to PDF after creating alternate layout: "large number of page items" error msg

May 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all - 

I have a document that was exporting to PDX4 just fine before I created an alternate layout. Now, it's giving me the dreaded Fail to Export PDF error message. I have tried to save the doc as an IDML and reopen it. When I do, I get the following error message that I have never seen before: 

Screen Shot 2020-05-22 at 5.02.49 pm.png

Working on Mac Catalina 10.15.4, InDesign 15.0.2. I don't see any embedded EPSes created in my links palette. I noticed after creating the alt layout that there were certain items built on the edge of the pasteboard, that when I clicked on them caused a crash. 

I already did the work on the alt layout so would prefer not to have to recreate it from scratch. Any thoughts on this or troubleshooting PDF output? 

Topics

Bug, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
May 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm going through and exporting pages individually to try to isolate the problem. I get this one on a few spreads: 

Screen Shot 2020-05-23 at 8.45.38 am.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines