Highlighted

Problems using the import PDF/ annotations menu: ID remembers the last ones and all gets badly mixed

Contributor ,
Aug 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

DAY 1: I receive a PDF coming from proofreading to insert 70 annotations: the PDF previously was exported from InDesign.

DAY 2: Send again a new PDF with annotations resolved. 

DAY 3: Receive the answer that now is 40 new annotations. The old 70 are resolved.

When I open this PDF in Indesign it shows 110 (70 old + 40 new) and it is a mess to accept all of them because old warnings now are not valid and my ID file is crowded by false yellow advertences. And we are talking of 40, not 110...

Curiously, when this PDF is opened directly in Acrobat it shows just the 40 new ones. No memory is preserved.

How to avoid that ID puts inside a PDF old information?

Thanks.

How to avoid that ID reads the old and new ones?

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Problems using the import PDF/ annotations menu: ID remembers the last ones and all gets badly mixed

Contributor ,
Aug 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

DAY 1: I receive a PDF coming from proofreading to insert 70 annotations: the PDF previously was exported from InDesign.

DAY 2: Send again a new PDF with annotations resolved. 

DAY 3: Receive the answer that now is 40 new annotations. The old 70 are resolved.

When I open this PDF in Indesign it shows 110 (70 old + 40 new) and it is a mess to accept all of them because old warnings now are not valid and my ID file is crowded by false yellow advertences. And we are talking of 40, not 110...

Curiously, when this PDF is opened directly in Acrobat it shows just the 40 new ones. No memory is preserved.

How to avoid that ID puts inside a PDF old information?

Thanks.

How to avoid that ID reads the old and new ones?

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Aug 05, 2020 0

Have something to add?