• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problems with copy paste in ID 2021

New Here ,
Dec 10, 2020 Dec 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having some issues with copy/pasting in the InDesign 2021. I am guessing it's related to the update, because I never had problems before and I created the document I am currently working in, in a later version. When I use copy/paste, not matter if it's a single letter or an entire paragraph, it automatically converts the entire section to the destination style. Extremely annoying. I am copy/pasting bits of text that have already been formatted and assigned paragraph and character styles. But it also happens with text bits from other programs. What to do??

TOPICS
Bug , How to , Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you're not pasting into an existing frame and instead pasting and creating a new frame, more than likely the text is using your InDesign defaults. In your document, with nothing selected, open your Paragraph Styles panel and look at the style that is chosen. That's probably what is controlling your formatting. Choose Basic Paragraph or some other style to reset the defaults and try again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is not what I am doing. I am copy/pasting into existing frames. As a constructed example, I would copy part of the title into the paragraph underneath. It starts looking like this:

Title has to be duplicated (for mockup purposes)

Here is the paragraph blablabla.

Here is the paragraph blablabla

I want to copy the title and put in between the two paragraph lines. But it adopts the style of the destination (the green) and does not stay the same, like it usually does...

I want it to look like this

But it automatically looks like this:

You see my problem? I am thinking it must be a bug?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines