• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problems with embedded YouTube & Google Maps, hyperlinks and image quality on export

New Here ,
May 15, 2020 May 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know that there is a lot of incomprehensibility around interactive PDF files, and I coudn't make it out with advice I've found in the Internet. 

What I'm looking for, is a way to insert embedded video, and google maps window, and how to manage hyperlinks in a way I need it.

1) Video is 150MB, which is not much, but I don't want it included in a file, due to file size.

I don't care how it would be managed, but it only needs to show miniature windows with play function. I've read that there is an option to do so, with usage of Adobe Media Server. I do have subscription plan, could anyone explain me a process how to do that?

2) Google Maps window, also doesn't work for me - it shows on a page in InDesign (even this little icon where normally sattelite view is, but it's blank), but it's all greyed out, and doesn't display anything.

3) I've created a thumbnail of a website that link leads to, and I've put a title and link on a right of it. Next, I grouped all of these items (so whereever a user woudn't click he would be routed), and chose to create hyperlink. Sadly, in exported PDF - it doesn't do anything. It works in a InDesign, when choosing option "go to hyperlink", it also shows green light in links manager. What could be the problem it doesn't work when exported?

4) Images that I've included on a pages, shows in worse quality in exported PDF - 

So that's three problems I'm bothered now. Could you help find some solution with this?

TOPICS
EPUB , How to , Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , May 15, 2020 May 15, 2020

Points 1 and 2 arent supported in PDF, but ARE supported in EPUB3 fixed layout. Why not experiment with EPUB3?

Point 3, hyperlinks, should work. But bear in mind that whether it is allowed in Acrobat or not is up to the user. Are you testing in Adobe Acrobat? Point 4 might produce lower-rez if you have broken links in the Links panel, or if you export to lower rez when you do a Export > Interactive PDF. In that dialog box, you can choose the PPI of the images in the PDF.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , May 15, 2020 May 15, 2020

As an alternative to an Interactive PDF (which is very limited now) have a look at InDesign's Publish Online, but just have short clip of your movie and a link to a YouTube video or similar.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Points 1 and 2 arent supported in PDF, but ARE supported in EPUB3 fixed layout. Why not experiment with EPUB3?

Point 3, hyperlinks, should work. But bear in mind that whether it is allowed in Acrobat or not is up to the user. Are you testing in Adobe Acrobat? Point 4 might produce lower-rez if you have broken links in the Links panel, or if you export to lower rez when you do a Export > Interactive PDF. In that dialog box, you can choose the PPI of the images in the PDF.

Mike Witherell

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no solution! What you want to do is damn near impossible.

What you need is a website.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

As an alternative to an Interactive PDF (which is very limited now) have a look at InDesign's Publish Online, but just have short clip of your movie and a link to a YouTube video or similar.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines